I would imagine all parents teach their children the magic of kissing "ow-ies" better. Since Taylor is no exception, it was quite comical when twice in the space of several days, Taylor bit his tongue and demanded affectionate parental healing. Hiding smirks of gleeful adoration, air kisses were soberly administered.
Esteeming this philosophy, Taylor now notices "ow-ies" on the wall and kisses them better. Never mind that the majority are thanks to him. He also points out and "remedies" mommy's facial "ow-ies" (better known as zits).
Having seen several days of splendid sunshine (an inadvertent alliteration, I assure you)(wait, I did it again), I have been taking Taylor and Avi out to the front "yard" to play in the mound of gravelly dirt, dump truck and metal serving spoon in tow (I couldn't find his shovel). Avi, of course, watches from her car seat which I wedge up against the house and bottom step. In retrospect, this unrestrained position was hardly safe with a newly-mobile youngster, especially considering I had actually seen her get out of the carseat before. Anyway, I left Avi's side to converse momentarily with Taylor and when I turned back, she had arched her way out of her carseat. Only instead of ending up with her rump on the pavement, she had caught hold of the carry-handle (it just so happened that I hadn't adjusted the handle to the normal sitting position) and was just hanging there!! She looked like a little gymnast! Of course, I merely panicked and righted the situation but I wish I could've taken a picture! Perhaps I will stage the scenario again... This time with a stunt double?
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't you think it is amazing second, third, and forth kids survive? I highly doubt that you would have done this with Taylor. Take for example nursery today, I brought grapes and didn't cut them in half. I certainly would have peeled and sliced the grapes when the twins were little.
That is too funny. Thanks for the laugh, that got me going pretty good.
Post a Comment