Julia, Taylor's cousin, celebrated her 6th birthday today. Diana threw her a large party at her church building despite having had only 2 hours of intermittent sleep the night before. One twin recently had her tear duct drained at the Children's hospital, the other is having issues with a cold. The fun never ends for Diana! Anyway, the party involved nearly 20 kids, one of those giant blow-up jumping things (do they have a name??), two pinatas and a large cake with pink icing that dyed anything it touched--or that touched it. What a mess!
Also at Julia's party: I ran out of diapers for Dude. Diana suggested using one of Avi's ("It'll be like a speedo, or, I guess, more like a G-string..."). lol (that's "laugh out loud" for the technologically-unfamiliar) Amazingly, it did the job. Avi was an angel for the entire party and fell asleep during clean-up due to sleep-deprived exhaustion.
A few days ago, Daddy heard an ominous "clunk, clunk, clunk" starting upstairs and ending in the basement. You guessed it, Taylor was throwing Mega Bloks down the heat duct. In our old house, the bend allowed us to reach around and collect the throw-ins. Not here. The duct is a straight-shot directly to the basement. To say Shawn wasn't happy is a massive understatement.
Mom's spending the night in our basement tonight. I hope she doesn't freeze to death! I have requested eierkuchen for breakfast in the morning... (To all my jealous sibs in the States: Eat that! ;p )
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had to laugh when I read this post, why? Cause this is what I am doing for the twins birthday next month! I thought that this was an original idea, guess not!
Post a Comment