Saturday, February 2, 2008

New Blogger

My sister-in-law, Ariel, turned me onto blogging. Her family lives in Nova Scotia and this is one of the ways she keeps them up-to-date with goings-on here in Alberta. I see the value of this since my family lives predominantly in the United States and I wish I were more up-to-date on their goings-on (especially Eva and her little Claire!). Maybe I'll convert them yet!! (Eva says I have too much time on my hands...)

For the more technically-challenged, blogging is basically an online journal. The most recent post will always come up first, so if it is one that you've read before, it hasn't been updated since. Readers are able to comment on blog posts. Just click on the 0 comments or whatever it says at the end of the post. If you have any questions, you can ask them in a comment and I'll get back to you via email or answer it in a subsequent posting. If you need the font larger, I'll try to accomodate.

Feel free to tell any family members that may be interested in this blog the web address as I didn't email everyone.

Enough tech chat.

I hope I haven't built up any hopes as to content. There isn't much to talk about when you have kids except kids! You'll need to be open to potty-talk. Literally. Taylor had a blowout during his nap today and it's super-fun to clean that kinda stuff up alone. Especially when you realize you've run out of diapers. Well, pull-ups, since Taylor is 2 and we've attempted potty-training twice in the past. (He's not ready yet...) Anyway, Taylor is currently wearing one of Averi's diapers and it is my prayer that he's done pooping for the day because with diapers, size does matter! Daddy is picking up diapers on the way home from work (may he please remember!).

Taylor and I started exhibiting cold symptoms yesterday. Nothing too serious but his coughing was enough this morning that I decided it would be unfair to take him to President Hinckley's funeral at the stake centre. That and Avi gave me a run for the title "Nocturnal Mother of the Year" last night. No matter how much cereal I stuff down her before bed, she still wants to feed in the middle of the night. I prolong the inevitable by countlessly replugging her with a soother. Feel free to give advice, people. Anyway, Avi's showing signs of having contracted said cold too. Poor baby girl!

Dad called last Sunday to let us know of President Hinckley's passing. For a very quick moment, I felt the sorrow of having lost a dear man. But my first thought after the reflexive reaction was "He's back with his sweetheart." Most everyone seems to have felt the same way. I have to say that the Mormon grapevine is truly the fastest! I'm sad that I missed the funeral but, as mom suggested, I can probably view it online or something at a later date if I'm so inclined.
Weather's been milder recently. We had a cold snap for a couple of days this past week. Nothing we Canadians can't handle! ;)

At this time, Averi is 5 months and Taylor's about 2 1/2 years old. I've attached a couple of recent pics of the two of them.


1 comment:

grandpa said...

cool kids, cool mom

love,
dad