Thursday, February 21, 2008

Warmth Continues

An absolutely beautiful day out! Imagine my astonishment when I stepped out of the car and my shoe filled with ice-cold water. I had parked in a giant slushy puddle and soaked myself to the ankles!

Avi got her 2 six-month immunizations today: DTaP IPV Hib and pneumococcal conjugate. It used to be 3 shots but they've moved the last meningococcal conjugate to 12 months of age. Avi wasn't happy (who would be) but calmed down quite quickly. She's only at the 50th percentile for height (25.5") and just below the 90th percentile for weight (an ounce away from 18 pounds). Taylor was MUCH bigger than Avi. Anyway, Canadian public health rocks!

After having seen so many tradesmen, it shouldn't have surprised me when Taylor started imitating the drywaller from memory. He had a grout brush and was pretending to apply mud to the fireplace tile, would stoop to wipe the excess "mud" from his brush onto a crumpled piece of plastic wrap lying on the floor and then continue to "mud!"

Taylor woke up from his nap this afternoon fervently calling for his cousin, Julia. I figure it was because Julia was here yesterday when he woke from his nap.

I was spinning around in the computer chair with Taylor and Avi in my lap. I thought we were having a gay ol' time but Avi disagreed with me. She puked all over, poor thing.

Taylor had a meltdown tonight because I deigned to open the package of diapers since he had been unsuccessful at doing so. He's wanting to do things all by himself...

The Talent of Spitting

Taylor has been unable to master spitting out toothpaste. Any advice out there?

On the other hand, Avi is quite proficient at spitting out her food. Again, any advice?

Addendum: Taylor woke up and cried for Mommy. This may not sound unusual but it is. He either calls for Daddy or says "No touching!" because he doesn't want anyone. As soon as I knelt by his bed, he rolled over and relaxed and let me snuggle him! That is what makes it all worthwhile...

No comments: