Thursday, February 7, 2008

Another Day in the Life

For some reason, Taylor tried to join us in bed during the night again. When I asked what was wrong, he just went back to his own bed. Is he sleep-walking?

The weather being respectable, the four of us went for a walk today. We clip Avi's carseat into the stroller and Taylor alternates between walking, riding Daddy's shoulders and sitting on the stroller's "handlebars." Avi stayed awake the whole time, which surprised me. Near the end, Taylor was nodding off as he rode the stroller. A few houses away from home, I just carried him the remainder of the way. After disrobing from a mountain of winter wear (Taylor likes to jump into snowdrifts), Taylor said "Nap time." It always reminds me of Aunt Lizzie when Taylor puts himself to bed as she is reported to have done the same thing.

This afternoon I contracted/exhibited something requiring close proximity to a toilet. Shawn works evenings so I've had to care for 2 kids from the throne room. All considered, it wasn't too bad... I've fed Avi on the potty before but I still say hooray for Imodium!

Discussion commenced today regarding the Harris family reunion. Since we just had one in 2005, some of us feel it should wait another year or so for a repeat. Issues such as money, time away from work and transportation are on the table.

Shawn's booked passage on the Alaskan ferry for his motorcycle trip with his dad this summer. Being indecisive and a worry wart, Shawn is still not sure he will go...

I'm scheduled to return to work on July 7th. I'm hoping to work 4 days a week rather than 5. I've enjoyed staying with the kids alot more this time around probably because 2 kids keep you busier than one! Eva said that she wouldn't be able to handle staying home with Claire and I told her that I understood! I was quite happy to get back to work after Taylor... Time away from the dependence!! Anyway, so far with Avi it's been pretty nice. It helps when one has a better idea of what to expect with a new child and has a child to help keep the entertainment factor up! So far I'm not anxious to return to work!

Workwise, I've missed a major change. The health Region's been reorganized and my department no longer exists! I'm now part of a new department that encompasses the IT (Information Technology) guys. I keep hoping that maybe we'll be relocated a little closer to home! My commute is 35 minutes in exemplary traffic, 45 minutes in heavier traffic, and even longer if there's an accident or construction (plenty of construction in the summer!). And that's if I'm driving. Back when I was taking transit, it would take me at least an hour and a half to get to work if I timed my connections perfectly.

My mother-in-law came over tonight to get music put on her iPod. It wasn't exactly a relaxing evening with the kids around but hey... Thanks for helping me tidy up!

Naughty Taylor

Taylor has taken to hitting people so he can say sorry. What the!?

No comments: