My sister, Eva, called in a panic this morning because she hadn't sent anything for mom's bday. She asked for mom's work name so she could get the address. She sent flowers, a small teddy bear, truffles and balloons! Mom was teased about having a secret admirer... ;)
I was going to take mom out to dinner but we went shoe-shopping at the mall instead. Unfortunately, I was the only one who came out with any footwear.
Justification: I had to replace two pairs of shoes. One that should've met the trash can long ago and the one from my recent puddle incident. I found a pair of (work/Sunday) shoes I'm absolutely in love with but need to assess wardrobe compatibility.
Getting on with the story, I picked up mom from work and then dropped the kids off with my sensational sister-in-law, Vickie, who agreed to 'sit spur-of-the-moment! (Tons of love!!) She also agreed to 'sit next week for my stake Winter Gala, which I will be attending with mom and my parents-in-law (Shawn's working). After shopping, mom and I had dinner at Opa!, a Greek fast food place. It was fabulous.
Mom's watching the kids tomorrow for our 6th wedding anniversary and Shawn and I are ECSTATIC!
Thank you to all our family without whom our sanity would've been obliterated eons ago!
No comments:
Post a Comment