The YMCA has a program called the Opportunity Fund that enables families with smaller incomes to get a membership for something like $15/month. Otherwise, it's about $53/adult/month and $22/child/month (even Averi). We were able to get a membership using this Fund in 2006 but for some reason could not qualify today! How is that possible considering our bills are bigger? I'm on mat leave, just as I was in early 2006. Our car is paid off, just as it was in 2006. Our incomes aren't that much bigger than 2006. I don't get it! The lady helping us did give us some Guest Passes so we plan to take Taylor swimming this week. Poor guy's been looking forward to it for some time!
Dropped Shawn off at work and visited Omi for the evening. Tried to watch the movie Amazing Grace but ended up having to go home halfway through because Taylor was tired and wasn't falling asleep there. Mom watched the youngun's while I went to Walmart to get Avi a swimsuit (so cute!)... Freedom!
Finished the book Ask Supernanny in the last couple days and have been trying to implement some of her ideas. Good book! So many books and so little time. I just started a thick book that's due in two days; can I do it? I love the library!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment