Sunday, February 3, 2008

Nap Time

Ah, those precious moments when both children are sleeping at the same time...

We're having dinner at Shawn's parent's home this evening. It used to be quite a regular occurrence but we haven't been there for quite some time (at least if feels that way). These get-togethers are quite large as Norm and Wendy have 8 children, 4 of whom are married, 3 of whom have children (the last couple is expecting their first in July). I'm not certain if the families living in Vulcan will come up or Lindsay who is living in Lethbridge, but Aaron better be bringing his girlfriend! Aaron is one of Shawn's younger brothers and he's beaten Shawn's family record for oldest age to get married (25). His girlfriend's name is Alisha and we all love her to pieces and hope he gets his act together soon! ;)

Current/recent news:

  • I'm attending professional motorcycle training at the end of April. I'm getting my learner's in the next week or so and will hopefully have the opportunity (weather-wise) to play around on Shawn's bike (on loan from his dad) before then. I'm excited even though my mom is nervous for me. ;)
  • We're heading down to Rexburg April 17-21 with Shawn's mom and sister who are running a marathon in Utah. I'm hoping Eva can bring Claire over to visit! Maybe Lerina will be able to come too!
  • We've been in our new house since Nov. 27 and are still waiting for things to be finished. It took almost a year and a half to build when the builder told us it would be a year. Please email or phone me if you need our new address.
  • Shawn's completed 2 more family video DVDs, about Nov 2005 - spring or summer 2006. Hooray! We're slowly catching up! Now we just need to develop pics from Christmas 2005 on...!
  • I recently had a massage. Don't let anyone tell you they're relaxing! My muscles were so tight that she had to work them hard enough that I had bruises afterwards!



  • Shawn is planning on going on a motorcycle tour to Alaska with his dad in late June-early July!
  • My side of the family is planning a mini-family reunion in McCall, Idaho. The tentative dates are June 16-19.
To do list:

  • Book Avi's 6-month immunizations.
  • Get family portrait done stat!
  • Shawn needs shoes, Taylor needs pants and Avi needs sleepers!
  • Mail blog entries to Grandma.
  • Develop and label photos.
Good Taylor

Taylor is good about saying "Thank you" and is getting better about saying "Please." He's also very consistent about saying "Excuse me" after burping (or coughing, sneezing, tooting :) ) though it sounds more like "'Scu' me!" which sounds rather amusing. This is, however, much better than it used to sound. He used to say "Sook me!" until he learned the "f" sound. He got confused and started saying "Fook me!" which was absolutely hilarious (phonetically-speaking)! His vocabulary and sentence structure are truly astonishing now. Children are amazing!

Taylor is also pretty good with baby sister. Sometimes he'll pick up a toy she's dropped without being asked and give it to her saying "Here, Avi!" He'll also remind me that we're not to touch Avi's eyes. ;)

Taylor's gotten over the won't-stay-in-bed phase.

Naughty Taylor
Taylor's already tried the "when one parent says no, try the other one" tactic!

Avi's Likes
  • her face and hair being blown on
  • being stroked under her chin
  • being talked to
  • drooling, chewing and grabbing
Avi's Dislikes

  • being put down!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids and Claire look so much alike it is truly amazing. All three definitely have a lot of Harris in them.

Eva

Ariel said...

umm..I've had plenty of massages, and have been super tight. Bruises arent normal!!! Thats abuse..lol. But seriously, I have a lot of friends who are massage therapists, and they said its not normal too. If you're that tight, they should be working them out gradually, not trying to force it all at once!!

Amanda said...

Good Lord! She really whipped you didn't she!

The last massage I had made me feel like I was a prisoner of war and I knew something they wanted to know. Terrible!