Shawn borrowed a friend's Playstation 3 so that the first movie we saw on our brand new TV would be high def. He even unpacked all his surround equipment, which is typically kept safe from the kiddies under the stairs in the basement. We rented Shoot 'Em Up on Blu-Ray. Total action mayhem!
High def experience: All I can seriously say is "Wow!" The thing about large widescreen TVs is they make regular DVDs look like VHS. Remember those things? I still own a few. So viewing Blu-Ray was awesome!
Movie review: I was actually pleasantly surprised. It is absolutely true that this movie is a testosterone-saturated, adrenaline-producing flick but the underlying premise was astonishingly original, shockingly thought-provoking and thigh-slappingly hilarious. The action is not entirely meant to be realistic (that baby would've died several times over) but it's definitely thrilling. I highly recommend it to all heterosexual males and believe that even most women would not be opposed to this movie.
B would especially love this movie because she and Clive Owen both share several of the same pet peeves!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, since this new TV is broken in will there be a girls night at your house that will include a flick some time?
Most definitely! What a great idea!
Post a Comment