Saturday, August 2, 2008

Me and My "Girlfriend"

I write this in the absolute confidence that my husband does not read my blog. That used to irk me, but now? Hah!

My little baby girl and I went shopping! this evening. I hardly ever get to go shopping! because of Shawn and the kids. Shawn is very... frugal, shall we say? And kids make anything twice as difficult and three times as long. But since Daddy was at work and Taylor is spending the weekend at Omi's house, I went shopping!. I need work clothes, especially since I've lost weight. I also need shoes but there was still a limited time in which I had to work.

I wasn't really prepared to take a baby shopping, I went after dropping Daddy off, so I didn't have the stroller. I borrowed one at the mall's Customer Service that had a TV in it!! I couldn't believe it! Here I am, pushing a little not-quite-one-year-old around with Barney playing on the little TV! (I did not pick the show.)

Avi was an absolute angel. Most of the stores had change rooms big enough for me to bring her monstrous cart in with me. The one store that didn't, I brought her in with me sans cart and she happily played on the floor with a drinking straw, my shoes and a hanger. I thought for sure she'd make a dash for the stall next door!

When my "girlfriend" started getting fussy, I knew the time had come to leave. My poor, frazzled little trooper! Or should I say shopper?

1 comment:

bel said...

Goodness! You wore her out!! Tiny "girlfriends" are fun, aren't they?