Friday, August 8, 2008

Kiddy Antics

Averi has groupies. I wished I had had my camera this evening when three neighbor boys, aged 5,6 and 8? 9? 10?, sat on the grass with her and just stared. Watched her do baby stuff. Girl baby stuff. They were smitten. The 6-year-old took the infatuation further and walked her all around the yard. He tried coaxing her to walk on her own. Who wouldn't be charmed by that scene? (By the way, the 5-year-old was defending Averi to Taylor just last evening.)

Taylor refused to touch the raw broccoli and dip I presented with his supper. I tried several methods to get him to just try a bite before resorting to "Just lick it then!" Taylor licked it. He liked it. He ate more broccoli of his own volition. Score one, vegetables.

Taylor called Averi "Chunk" this evening... Hmmm....

There were a couple more tidbits I wanted to share but darned if I can remember them now.

No comments: