Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Trip Home

Bad juju: I forgot to take Taylor's carseat out of dad's car. Of course I remembered this right when my ride hit Rexburg so we had to go all the way to Idaho Falls to pick it up and then head home from there. I sat in the backseat with an illegally restrained Taylor...

The plus side was getting to see Dad once more before leaving. The kids had treated me to a sleep-in until 9am. (The kids had some late nights.) We had said goodbyes the night before knowing I was unlikely to get up at 7am.

On the road again...

I really can't complain about the princess's behavior. She did marvelously well. Taylor was understandably restless and incorrigible. We survived but I decided that I do NOT want to do this again anytime soon.

The border crossing was undoubtedly the easiest one I've ever had! They didn't even look at our documents. Just asked where we lived, how long we'd been gone and how much we'd spent. Despite having spent over our limit, we were told to drive on! Thank heavens for small miracles.

Aaron handled things remarkably well, but I daresay he will not be repeating the experience anytime soon either.

No comments: