Now that the trip is over, I can say it was fine. At the time...
We made it over the border with no hassle at all. I always assume they think the kids are mine and Aaron's because they never ask for a letter from my husband (which I always have on me). They didn't even ask about fruits and veggies. I was making Aaron declare his bloody cauliflower.
I thought we'd be set because a) we'd kept Taylor up through his nap and thought he'd sleep a few hours on the road and b) we'd brought a portable DVD player to entertain his waking hours. Neither worked.
Taylor slept for maybe a half hour. When we started a movie for him, he just pushed buttons and kicked at it with his feet. He wanted down. He wanted to go home. He wanted daddy. He didn't go to sleep until 10pm, 2 hours past his usual bedtime. Then he would periodically wake up and start crying or screaming. After all, how comfortable is it to sleep in a carseat? Add to that his level of exhaustion et voilĂ ! Maternal migraine.
Averi was better. I fed her cereal from the front seat, giving passing cars a decent view of my hind quarters. Once she retired for the night, she woke once and was consoled with a few slurps from a bottle.
Our first day here was fairly uneventful since Dad and Wendy both work. It was a typical day at home except for Rock Band. Wendy's son, Keith, has an Xbox 360 and the game Rock Band. I tried out the drums, but mostly played the guitar. Taylor also demonstrated his drumming ability.
Yesterday came back to haunt us as Taylor was rude and obnoxious all evening. When it came time for bed, he refused to calm down. Finally, both children were bedded down for the night at 10pm.
I believe it was determined today that Ariel is having a baby girl. Didn't we always know? ;) Congratulations!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment