Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Checking In

I know, I know, I've been totally slacking. Between reading for Reading Romance Books (I actually have deadlines!) and RL (real life), I haven't had a chance to update my blog or even keep up with the blogs I read.

Exciting things have happened though. At least, exciting for me.

I turned 30 years old last week. I spent a leisurely day at home with the fam and my mom came over to cook supper and a cake for me. I have footage that I will add later. She got me my very first cell phone for my birthday! (How sad is that? Thirty years old and first cell phone...) Anyway, I was more horrified when my mom announced only 10 more years until I was 40 than I was about turning 30. What a thing to bring up. I keep taking comfort in the fact that a 24-year-old young man that I know thought I was younger than him. ;)

I also had my annual weekend getaway last weekend. My mother-in-law, 2 sis-in-laws and a friend spent time in Canmore just sleeping, eating, window shopping, sleeping and eating. It's always heavenly. On Sunday (I know this is evil), we attend the brunch at the Banff Springs Hotel. It's about $40 a head but oh-so-worth-it. Even for vegetarians. I think. Anyway, it's a great experience. I've learned to pace myself instead of stuffing my face. Only took 6 years.

Hallowe'en is right around the corner and I don't have costumes for the kids! I'm a horrible, horrible mother. Guess I'll figure something out. I don't even have anything planned for myself. You know you're getting old when you don't participate in Hallowe'en anymore... :'(

2 comments:

Allison said...

Happy birthday! I hope you had a great day. It sounds like your weekend getaway was a blast! I need something like that!

bel said...

Happy birthday. Don't fret about being closer to 40 than you ever were. Think of it this way - you're 10 years away from being "the new 30."

I've missed you!!