Friday, September 12, 2008

I Hate Gas

Picture this:

My car is completely out of gas, but not running on fumes or anything. I drive all the way home to use our local gas station.

There is a line-up.

Someone snags my gas pump right before I can pull in.

I finally get a pump. I go through all the hassle of swiping cards and pushing buttons. When the time comes for the nozzle to spew forth its fossily-fuel goodness, nothing.

So I wait for another pump.

Lost my debit card somewhere during this time. I have to order another one.

Use my credit card on the next pump.

Same problem.

I try pump number three.

Same problem.

What the heck?! Everyone else seems to be getting the pumps to work...

So I go all the way to another gas station.

Did I mention my kids are in the car?

New gas station. Same problem.

I go in to see the cashier, leaving my kids by themselves. (Legal??)

We work things out and I go home with a full tank of gas.

The End

1 comment:

B said...

What the heck was up with the pumps? Is it too hard to just get some gas around here? And at a decent price?!