Friday, July 25, 2008

A Day Off

I still went to work yesterday but Shawn took the kids to Vulcan to visit family, so it felt like a day off. My mother treated me to dinner at CocoBrooks and then to a movie.

We watched Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D. I didn't think it would work for me since my eyes don't work together well, but it did. It was better than I thought it would be. The trailers made it seem a little hokey and I was concerned that it was a remake of the older movie, which I have very fond memories of. Well, it was a remake but the story was so completely different that it didn't seem to be. Overall, it was good family fun.

When I got home after the movie, Shawn and the kids still weren't home! I enjoyed some leisurely time in front of the piano before heading onto the computer. That's when the garage door signaled that they were home. I helped Shawn put the kids down and then headed off to bed.

Today, the kids and I are heading to Raymond to stay with my friend, Becky. She's a whole 'nother post once I decide how much to share. ;) But you can see a bit of her here. She's the one who comments on my posts as Anonymous, often making wisecracks and dropping insults.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Aaah...glad to hear you liked the movie. I've been curious about the 3D part too. Last 3D film I saw was Nightmare on Elm street 3D!!!

Anonymous said...

wow that is strange that you have a friend!