Thursday, October 27, 2011

Miss Independent

Averi decided she was too hungry to wait any longer for Mommy.

She pushed a bar stool to the counter (the way she does to get her own fishy crackers) and pulled out the peanut butter and Nutella from the cupboard. She grabbed 2 slices of bread from the bag that had been left on the counter from Taylor's lunch-making this morning. She retrieved a butter knife from the drawer and proceeded to make her very own sandwich!

She announced what she was doing to me at this point and so I hastened to give her a bit of help with the spreading but she was insistent about doing the majority of it herself. She then sat down and ate her entire confection (can't say that I find peanut butter and Nutella appetizing)!

You can bet that if I had made her a sandwich with a crust (heel of the loaf) and another dried piece of bread, she wouldn't be eating it! I was so excited by her show of initiative! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A great moment to have written about and remember. I can just picture her doing it all too.
Tell Averi that Omi is proud of her achievement and initiative too.
Mom/Omi