Monday, July 26, 2010

Trip to Iowa: The Plane

If I don't blog this as I go, it may never get done!

As prescribed, we arrived at the airport in Calgary 2 hours before our international flight.... And barely made our plane!! Security was backed up all the way to Customs! Eventually, personnel pulled out people with departing flights but while Marie and I got through in separate lines, Jenn disappeared. Thinking that perhaps she had checked on the plane already--they were calling out final boarding--we dashed to our gate, only to discover she had not made an appearance. I checked in and Marie went in wild search for Jenn. After two very serious final boarding calls that mentioned the Hunt party by name, as well as seat withdrawal and baggage removal, Marie and Jenn came dashing down the hall and we all made it onto the plane.


What a way to start the morning...

No comments: