Avi was getting her glasses repaired for the 2nd day in a row--we've only had her glasses for that long--and it was taking quite some time (she had really done a number on them). She was restless but fairly well-behaved. While I was sitting holding her hands, she yanked away. She cried a little and said "Ow," obviously indicating that she'd hurt herself. I thought it was her wrist because she was guarding it and refused to use that hand. I gently moved it in different directions trying to ascertain the damage and she would flinch and cry upon suppination. I feared a dislocation.
Upon consulting with my dad, a family physician, it was determined the she did indeed have a subluxation at the radial head--otherwise known as toddler's elbow. Through much crying and frustration (the 1st from Avi, the 2nd from myself), I was given instructions on how to reduce it. It wasn't until after I'd given Averi and myself a settling down period that I was finally successful in popping it back into place. She cried for a few seconds but then was using her hand again! I was elated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment