Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Avi vs Dude

Our neighbor's gave us some of their borscht for supper tonight. Averi LOVED it. Words cannot express the mess of red cabbage slopped all over her as she shovelled it endlessly into her mouth.

Taylor did not. He persisted in his refusal to eat it until bedtime when he had me reheat it. Only to refuse to eat it again.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I meant to make a comment when I first read about this insident, but did not want to hurt or possibly interfere. But I could not get my mind off the matter so here I am again to make a comment.

I know as a mother the idea of letting a child go hungry is something that you can not possibly think of and worry about. Besides what if they wake up because they are hungry from not eating their supper and then you don't get your sleep which is already in short supply? I've been there. But what is better - to pay the smaller price now in training your child or a bigger price in the future where the child has leanrned to manipulate his parents (and possibly others)to get what he wants, even playing mind games and ending up a spoiled person difficult to be around?

Think well ahead in times like this and see all possible consequences that you can before you cater to feeding your child whenever he says he is hungry (or other kinds of situations). There are set times of the day to eat meals, and rules as to when they can snack. Besides, eating just before going to bed is not good for ones digestive system or health any way.

This is said with love and knowing that you have the agency to choose how you and your husband Shawn will raise your children. So may I just say as a percaution, please think well ahead trying to look into the future in all the decisions you make in how to rear your children and what the reults may be. I love you any way...lol. I didn't always look far enough into the future with some of my decisions either. Just passing off some of the things that I had to learn as well.