Being at home all the time is telling. I was surprised to see my visiting teachers Tuesday evening when they had booked for Wednesday evening. They had to convince me that it was Wednesday evening. Why is it that I'm almost always in my pajamas when they come over?
Saturday morning, Shawn and I took the kiddies to Glenmore park. Taylor would pause everytime the train or steamboat at Heritage Park sounded and make sure everyone was aware of them. It struck me how big Taylor is getting when I saw him on the "big" swing all by himself.
We walked from the park to the boat docks on the reservoir. It was fun to walk out over the water, Avi in her stroller, Taylor with a firmly held hand. Back at shore, we weren't quick enough to keep him from stepping into the water to get a washed-up stick. As with most children, his wet shoes didn't phase him or distract from the many wonders a growing mind notices.
I got to go out on the motorcycle and am feeling much more confident on it. I will be booking my test soon, assuming this rain will be stopping!
Saturday afternoon was spent at Aunt D's new place in Chaparral. I helped Uncle George finish setting up the netting around the trampoline and the kids jumped on it for all of two minutes.
Saturday evening, the Nelson clan got together at Fish Creek for a weiny roast. Shawn was working but everyone else came that doesn't live in Vulcan. Oh, and Shawn's dad, who was in Bellevue working on their cabin. We saw a deer and her two kids (not babies anymore) dash by. Taylor took off after them. I was unable to stop him as I was nursing Avi so Kyle, Lizzie's fiancé, went after him. He told me later that Taylor kept saying he wanted to go with the deer.
Speaking of deer, on the way home from the in-laws' this evening, we saw a deer at the edge of the exit from Macleod to Shawnessy. It was understandably very nervous. I watched behind us as it crossed the road. I sure hope it didn't attempt to cross Macleod!!
On Sunday, the Nelson clan went to Vulcan for Aunt (pronounced "ahnt" in honor of Nova Scotia ;) ) Ariel's birthday. She had a guest there who looked as pregnant as Ariel was (8 months) yet only 3 months along! Not twins! It's astounding how women's bodies handle pregnancy differently. The rain drove us indoors but it was a pleasant celebration. Ariel, I mean, Norm made a mint chocolate ice cream cake. Num!!
This evening, Shawn went out for wings with a friend so I took the kiddies to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Taylor was furious with me for helping him out of his carseat and so laid down in the gutter. Having rained for the last couple days, he was understandably soaked. I dragged him into the house, Avi in one arm, a backpack slung over my shoulder and a bowl of mashed potatoes in my... I can't remember how I carried that darn thing! Anyway, we got in the doorway and Taylor screamed to announce our presence. His face got so red I thought it was going to explode. Not that I would've minded at the time. At least the noise would've stopped. He repeated this scream a couple more times in the next 10 minutes while I tried to calm him down and finally, he was given a cup of chocolate milk. Everything was all better.
Grandma took Taylor on a worm hunt. I believe it was enjoyed by both parties. :)
Avi was kinda sensitive tonight. If I left the room, she'd get upset. I hope it hasn't come to that! Shawn and I always make sure to spread our kids around as much as possible so they don't become dependent solely on us. Taylor did not go through a phase where he wanted only us. We'll see if this was a one-time thing or if Avi's about to educate us.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am sooooo glad to hear I am not the only person who can't figure out what day of the week it is!
Post a Comment