Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Milestones

I have to play bigtime catch-up on this blog. So much to tell! I've just been unmotivated to sit down and document.

Avi turned 9 months old on Daddy's birthday, which was May 17th. This is also the day we noticed her first tooth! Two days later, tooth #2 appeared. That explains a lot. ;)

Taylor now clears his dishes from the table! This is a miracle to me since I didn't teach him to do it. I went to check and see if he was done and his bowl wasn't on the table. I asked him where it was and he showed me. It was on the counter! Daddy burst my bubble by explaining that he taught him. I still think it's awesome.

Avi continues to pull herself up on everything and walk along furniture. I can't believe how fast her mobility improves!

Avi's vocabulary has grown. To "da-da-da" she has added "ma-ma-ma" and "ba-ba-ba" and "ga-ga-ga."

Avi gives "kisses" and hugs. The hugs are real. The "kisses" involve the wide open maw attempting to devour human faces.

Avi plays the "copy" game. If you make a noise or laugh, she'll copy you. This can go back and forth forever.

Avi does a wave of sorts. She squeezes her hand in the sign language word for "milk." Since I haven't taught her "milk" in sign language (yet), this means "come here" or "I want that."

No comments: