Took the kiddies to Heritage Park on opening weekend. Monday, May 19th dawned a little chilly but warmed up right when we were leaving. ;)
Shawn dropped us off at the entrance and then went to park. We gained admission and waited for daddy. Well, Avi and I waited for daddy. Taylor took off right for the train, as usual. I stranded Avi temporarily to streak after him (not literally).
We attended the complimentary breakfast for the first time. It only runs until 10am so we don't usually make it in time. Sausage and pancakes. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth the extra effort to get there in time for it. Hey, it is free food.
Unfortunately, the kiddy ferris wheel wasn't running. Taylor always wants us to take him on the big one but Shawn and I both feel sick on it and Taylor doesn't remember that it scares him until he's on it. We distracted him with other rides: The Whip, the carousel and a wagon ride. The steam boat was also not running.
There was a German family on the wagon ride. We always run into Germans at Heritage Park and I always wish my German was better. Germans must be particularly interested in Western history...
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment