I mentioned previously that I would be posting something on Taylor and Averi's storytelling night at their school. It was quite unfortunate that I forgot to bring a recording device; however, it is just as well since the lighting at the school was ambient at best. I have finally gotten around to having the children re-enact their stories from that night.
Some history: Bridlewood School had a "resident" storyteller for a month who coached the children on how to tell stories. This is evident in the exclamations and animated gestures! Each grade had different story-difficulty levels, and each student had some choice as to which story they were going to tell. Everyone rehearsed diligently for their big night.
Averi's story, as she indicates in the video clip below, was the Deer's Antlers. Averi does not have difficulty getting up in front of groups of people and did a smashing job of it!
Taylor's story, as he indicates in the video clip below, was Sirco and the Wolf. Taylor is exceedingly timid in front of groups and insisted to me that he would not get up for story night. Taylor's teacher indicated via email, however, that Taylor had been diligently rehearsing at school and had not shown any reticence for the big night. He did fabulously! I was so impressed with his skill and clarity! The re-enactment does not do his original performance justice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment