An astronomer also told us about a recent supernova (a few days ago!) in a neighboring galaxy that is quite visible from earth. We were able to see the photographs being taken by the telescope--so cool!
| http://spaceweathergallery.com/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=93229 |
I can't help but think that a visit to a planetarium or some such once a year is good for the soul! It reminds us that we are such seemingly insignificant, tiny specks in such a grand universe, and yet we are so significant in God's eyes. It reminds us that we are utterly dependent on God's good graces to even exist! It reminds us that there is more to life than just us.
1 comment:
Glad that you wrote this. Reminds me when I went to the one here in Victoria. I've only been twice in my early teens, but I remember well the feeling you expressed here. Unfortunately, they're closing the one here, or may already have done so. They still have the smaller University one, but it's not open to the public. It was sad when I heard they were closing it.
Post a Comment