Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Getaway

Oh, glory be! It's been a few years since I've been on a weekend getaway with the female in-laws and we couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous weekend! The forecast for Banff and Canmore was SNOW but we enjoyed balmy sunshine.

This year, Lindsay, Vickie, Wendy, Diana and cousin Laura were in attendance. We enjoyed the usual diversions: brunch at the Banff Spring Hotel, window shopping, self-manis/pedis, hot tubbing and doing whatever we want without concern of children or spouse. Fab!! I will hopefully be able to get some pics soon.

We're each in charge of a portion of the menu and I made Lemon Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast with strawberries and whipped cream for Sunday breakfast. With church at 10am, it probably wasn't the best choice and we were a bit late.

Although I came heavily prepared with things to do--knitting, wedding invites I'm working on, 2 books, a movie--I spent the majority of my time re-reading Stephenie Meyer's The Host (this is my 3rd or 4th time)... The movie is coming out next year!

Returning home is always a trepidatious experience but I was monumentally and ecstatically surprised to find a clean home and happy children! Daddy had several sweet tales of his time with the kiddies causing me to dream of more frequent getaways! ;)

No comments: