Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Sisters Arrive in Victoria!

I'm finally getting back to our trip to Victoria...  ;)

Wednesday, June 22 was the day that my sisters and Claire were to arrive.


 Of course, they were later than anticipated. At least later than I had anticipated since I had forgotten that they were coming via Port Angeles rather than Tsawwassen.


Can you believe that Eva DROVE in those shoes!! So Eva!  :D  Her philosophy is: if you can't do it in high heels then you shouldn't be doing it!  ;)

Claire and my kids hit it off right away, of course!


Eva did Claire's hair so nicely and she was only happy to oblige Averi with the same hair!

They had driven through the night and were quite tired but still, Eva insisted that we stick to the general schedule we had planned.

So we headed off to the water front!



The kids were fabulous together!


We caught some moments of them holding hands but the pics are blurry:


Taylor wasn't too excited about the ocean until we started climbing over the monstrous rocks!!


Then, he couldn't get enough!


Everyone had a good time:



You can tell that Lerina was our primary photographer!! With us so busy with the kids, it was very reassuring that our memories would be captured.

Here's a shot of Eva wearing Claire's Hello Kitty hat!


I love this shot of Ella heading upwards:


She always has more energy than I do!

I also love this shot of Auntie Lerina holding Ella... Not so much because Ella is squirming to get away but because Dad is in the background holding everyone's coats!!! Seems familiar somehow!


Heading for the car, the girls and Dad (Grandpa) were holding hands and singing... I don't know if I caught the singing but it's still cute!


We weren't the only happy ones at the water front... This random little girl just stopped on the path and gave the kids hugs!!


So adorable!!

Next up was Beacon Hill park, of course!! Mostly just the petting zoo...


That evening, Des and Jane and all their kids came over to Grandma's for supper! I hadn't seen my cousins in AGES!!


Here's Lerina and Des:


Here are Lerina and sorta-cousin, Ashley, showing off tattoos!!


Lerina's "sleeve" isn't finished yet....

I laughed at Lerina for getting a picture of "the spread..." It's so Dad!! ;)



Here are Grandma and Jane... Jane is reclining due to pain from her abdominal cancer, though you couldn't tell by looking at her.


She was such a trooper!! She made dozens of FABULOUS deviled eggs. I didn't even think I liked deviled eggs but I think I ate my weight in them!

More pictures with Des and Jane in future posts.

A long and busy day!!

No wonder it's taking me so long to get these posts up... With so many photos, etc., they take FOREVER!!  ;)

1 comment:

Bec said...

It looks like you had a great time!