Friday, February 11, 2011

Someday I'll Laugh About This... Right?

It always seems to be that one has just sat down to complete a project when all hell breaks loose.

"Mom! The toilet!!"

I figured the toilet was just having difficulty flushing and attempted to finish coiling a ribbon flower.

Then, I heard spattering water close by. (My craft space is in the undeveloped basement.)

I dropped everything and ran upstairs to the main floor toilet. As Averi had tried to inform me, there was a puddle spilling out of the bathroom into the hall. At least the toilet had stopped running.

Ella, of course, had run right through the puddle, so I removed her sleeper and grabbed a towel to start mopping up.

I had almost finished soaking up the water when Ella ran in carrying the dirty diaper she had just removed by herself. When I say dirty, I mean DIRTY.

I abandoned bathroom clean up to whisk Ella upstairs to the bathtub (after a quick bum wipe down).

Eventually, I finished cleaning, including the water that leaked into the basement (all over my mother's stored belongings) and all contaminated human bodies.

I'm tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Joyous day!!!!!!!!

Eva Elliott said...

Isn't Motherhood Grand :)