Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baby Girl Arrives!

It still amazes me that we haven't decided on a name for this kid yet... I had one tentatively picked out at the beginning of my pregnancy but my brother-in-law warned my how popular a name it was and ever since, I've been scouring the web and books for a replacement name. There are plenty out there, just not so many that Shawn agrees with. Why does he get so much say again? Meira, Gia, Vienna, Clara, Farrah, Paige, Caira, Ellena, Mara, Andrea, Desirée, Delia, Sophia... He actually started suggesting names right near the end. One of them I had previously discounted from my list of names but after hearing it from him, didn't mind so much anymore. Of course, he changed his mind on Mia later on. So we'll probably just end up using that first choice anyway: Emma Lindsay. Sorry, Aaron!

Anyway, little girl was born June 8 at 1:55pm after being induced due to growth drop off (I've had several ultrasounds for this). Turns out her placenta was rather small. She weighed a whopping 6 lbs 10 oz (more than a pound less than my previous kids) and was 20 inches long. She's so tiny and precious! She and momma slept well while in the hospital.

The kids loved visiting baby. Avi crawled all over her and Taylor's already protective of her. Will get pics and videos up soon...

2 comments:

bel said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see pictures.

Good luck choosing a name. I'm sure it will be perfect, whatever you choose.

belinda

Kristin.... said...

Congratulations!!!!