Saturday, November 15, 2008

Excitement in Lethbridge... Who Knew?

Joy of joys, I get a night off from the kids. Mom's watching them so I could come to Lethbridge to see my SIL's concert. Hooray, Lindsay!

While the concert was enjoyable, that's not the excitement I was referring to.

Afterwards, Liz and Kyle and I headed to Moxie's for some form of food. After ordering water, we decided we'd rather go to Denny's so we made a break for it. Lizzy timed everything so we wouldn't run into people at the door. We did anyway. As soon as we were outside, Lindsay yelled, "Run!" We felt like fugitives ducking our bill or something. I realized after opening the car door and attempting to hop in that it was the wrong car! It was parked right next to us and the owners were approaching, blinking the lights as they unlocked their doors at the same time. It was just the timing. Liz won't let me live it down. Especially since they ended up knowing the owners!

Denny's was even more eventful. A mentally disabled fellow started yelling at another patron who ended up getting violent! Security and then the cops came. Whaddya know? Dinner and a show!

Anyway, my night away from home has been all I could possibly hope for and more!!

No comments: